Summer Skincare Tips
Maintaining clear, beautiful skin requires some effort… especially during the summer.
As the hot sun beats down on you, it’s critical to make sure you’re protecting your skin from UV damage and from breakouts.
So what are the summer skincare basics, according to the pros? Here are a few suggestions for maintaining a bright countenance even as you enjoy some time soaking up rays.
How to Care for Your Skin in the Summer
- Lighten up. Think about it this way: You wouldn’t wear a thick winter coat during the dog days of summer. You shed layers. You lighten your load. The same principle should guide your skincare decisions. Swap out your heavier cleansers for something lightweight, soothing, and foaming.
Go for a dual-purpose moisturizer. One way to lighten your skincare routine is to look for products that kill two birds with one stone. The best example of this is a dual-purpose moisturizer that helps keep your skin hydrated, but also offers SPF protection. Find a product that fits this description (ideally SPF 30 or more) and use it daily!
- Look for a Vitamin C serum. While Vitamin C can help improve your skin quality year-round, it’s especially important during the summer months. Vitamin C application prevents hyperpigmentation, smooths over fine lines, and can even stimulate the production of collagen. This is a product we’d recommend for almost any skincare routine.
- Cut down on time in the water. Paradoxically, spending too much time in the water can actually dry out your skin. You may be hitting the pool a lot during the summer, so ease up on showers and baths. Keep them to once a day and try to aim for just five minutes or so. Also, don’t make the water any hotter than it has to be. Beware that too much time under hot water can not only dry out your skin but cause significant breakouts.
- Protect yourself from the sun. When it comes to proper skincare, your greatest enemy is the sun. We know, you want to spend some time soaking up its golden warmth. But make sure you take care of your skin. Wear sunscreen if you’re going outside for any length of time. Stick to the shade when you can. And make sure you incorporate wide-brim hats and sunglasses into your wardrobe.
- Hydrate yourself. It may sound obvious, but the best way to keep your skin hydrated is… to drink plenty of water! Make sure you hydrate throughout the summer season.
With these steps, you can prioritize proper skincare throughout a particularly hazardous season.
Learn More About Summer Skincare
Do you have additional questions about effective summer skincare? Or would you like to learn about treatments that can keep you looking youthful and refreshed?
Either way, Javan Wellness is here to help. We’d love to chat with you about any and all skincare-related questions, whenever it’s convenient for you. Reach out to the Javan Wellness team any time you’re ready to talk.