Simple Strategies for Younger Looking Skin
Many of us would jump at the opportunity to look a few years younger. While there’s no way to turn back the hands of time, there are some simple strategies that can help you mediate the aging process, particularly as it affects your skin. These basic solutions can leave you not just looking youthful but feeling refreshed and self-confident.
Our Strategies for Younger Looking Skin
Here are a few foundational tips from our experts.
- Find a way to manage your stress. Study after study confirms that one of the fastest ways to look old and tired is to let stress build up inside you. It’s important to have a release for that stress… not just for the sake of your mental health, but also for the sake of your appearance. Your outlet may be yoga, walking the dog, or journaling; just make sure you have a method sou can rely on when you need to blow off some steam.
- Add healthy fats to your diet. Now, let’s be clear about this: A diet that’s too heavy in processed or overly fatty foods can actually make your skin look far worse. But healthy fats are an important way for you to avert some of the effects of aging. (Healthy fats also help you stay full and stabilize your mood.) Think walnuts, pistachios, olives, seeds, and avocado. Add small servings of these healthy fats to your daily meals.
- Get some exercise. It’s true: Regular physical fitness is good for you on many levels, not least because it helps you clear up your complexion. You don’t necessarily have to become a gym rat overnight, either. Even going out for a brisk walk in the neighborhood each morning can be a good start. Just get some blood circulating, rather than remaining sedentary all day.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Nothing will cause your skin to age faster than prolonged exposure to the sun. Make sure you apply sunscreen any time you’re going to be outside for long periods of time. And remember, this isn’t just a summertime concern. Even if the weather is chilly, you can still take on damage from the sun’s UV rays.
- Find the right skincare routine. Finally, make sure you have a daily skincare rhythm that’s appropriate for your skin type. This can vary from person to person, but we’d offer a blanket endorsement for daily moisturizing, and for exfoliating at least a few times per week.
Take the First Steps Toward Younger Skin
In addition to these tips, we’d point to a number of cosmetic treatments that we can offer here at Javan Wellness. We’d love to tell you more about them, as well as to make some specific recommendations based on your skin type.
The best way to get started is by reaching out to Javan Wellness to set up a consultation. We’re happy to talk with you one-on-one about the next steps you can take toward a more youthful appearance. Connect with us today!