Common Myths About Laser Hair Removal
Many of us have hair in undesirable places… but what can be done about it, exactly? A number of home remedies exist, from creams to waxes to shaving, but these solutions are all temporary.
What’s more, many of them just irritate the skin and cause hair to grow back even longer and darker. An alternative is laser hair removal, which promises a more permanent and satisfactory solution.
We are pleased to offer laser hair removal here at Javan Wellness and want all of our clients to make a fully informed decision about what this treatment entails.
To that end, allow us to clear up just a few of the misconceptions circulating about laser hair removal.
5 Myths About Laser Hair Removal
- Laser hair removal is painful and tough on the skin. Once upon a time, laser hair removal was painful, but the procedure has advanced considerably. Today, topical numbing agents can be used to ensure that your laser hair removal is essentially pain- free. And while it may result in some temporary redness or bumps around the treated area, this will be very short-lived, and there’s no downtime associated with the process.
- All your hair will just grow back eventually. The extent to which hair will or won’t grow back varies from person to person, and depends on a number of factors, including genetics and hormones. For many, the process truly is permanent, and you’ll never need to use those creams or razors again. For others, some hair may grow back, but it will be less dark and less dense; a follow-up procedure can help to remove any remaining follicles.
- One treatment is all it takes! The goal of laser hair removal is to get rid of all follicles, and that usually requires a sequence of treatments. While it’s okay to start with just one or two sessions, it’s important to note that more treatments will usually yield superior results.
- Laser hair removal is only a viable option for some people. The reality is that laser hair removal works well for most individuals, for most skin types, and for most kinds of hair. The exception may be those whose hair is white or very blonde; if that’s you, ask us about some alternative treatments that may be just as effective!
- All laser hair removal centers are created equal. You’re definitely going to want to have your treatments done by an experienced team that will provide you with a comprehensive consultation upfront, and ensure the proper clinical care throughout.
Javan Wellness more than fits that description; contact us whenever you’re ready to set up an appointment!
Ask Us About Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal can be an excellent option for dealing with those unwanted patches of hair… so as you think through your next steps, make sure you give this treatment its due consideration.
Questions? Concerns? Ready to make an appointment?
Give us a call. Javan Wellness is here to help whenever you need us.